Course Number Two:
In conjunction with Father Hardon’s Advanced home study course, the following resources are suggested. We hope you find them helpful and we welcome your suggestions for additional resources.
- Check that you have made all the updates or changes in your books-especially the questions in your Workbook and Answer Tablet.
Please excuse the length of the Advanced Course updates. It is long because a large number of courses were printed in 2005 and these must be used before a new version can be printed. Large numbers save printing costs but delay corrections. As you can understand, small apostolates must be frugal.
Modern Catholic Dictionary online.
- Father Hardon articles and audio/video on TheRealPresence.org.
- Be aware of the translation problems in some resources.
- Supplemental Vocabulary Definitions. Read the extra definitions listed below to assist you in answering the questions. The definitions may also be helpful for use with the Basic Course.
- Resources to read for each lesson. Listed below the supplemental vocabulary definitions are resources to read according to each lesson. The list is not an exhaustive one, but a place to start your research for the answers to questions. (These lists will be continually updated. Last update: August 2019)
SUPPLEMENTAL VOCABULARY DEFINITIONS are below.
Accidents, material and spiritual physical properties
Can and May
Celibacy of the Priest
Concelebration of Mass
Consciousness of the Human Soul at the Moment of Death
Dimissorial Letters for Ordination
Dogmas and Doctrines
Human Being (Man)
Liturgy of Heaven
Mystery, Understand and Comprehend
Necessity of Holy Communion
Private Revelations and the Mission of the Marian Catechist Apostolate
Properties or Accidents
Sacraments of Character
Sacraments of Initiation
Western or Latin Catholic Church
RESOURCES TO READ FOR EACH LESSON
More resources will be periodically added.
LESSON 1 —Conversation with a Catechist
LESSON 2—What is Catechesis?
LESSON 3 —What Does It Mean to Believe?
LESSON 4 —The Apostles' Creed
LESSON 5 —1st Article of the Creed: I Believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth
LESSON 6 —2nd Article of the Creed: Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord
LESSON 7 —3rd Article of the Creed: The Blessed Virgin, Mother of Christ
LESSON 8 —4th Article of the Creed: The Passion of Christ
LESSON 9 —5th Article of the Creed: The Resurrection of Christ
LESSON 10 —6th Article of the Creed: The Ascension of Christ
LESSON 11 —7th Article of the Creed: Christ, Shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead
LESSON 12 —8th Article of the Creed: I Believe in the Holy Spirit
LESSON 13 —9th Article of the Creed: I Believe in the Holy, Catholic Church and the Communion of Saints
LESSON 14 —10th Article of the Creed: The Forgiveness of Sins
LESSON 15 —11th Article of the Creed: The Resurrection of the Body
LESSON 16 —12th Article of the Creed: Life Everlasting. Amen
LESSON 17 —The Sacraments in General
LESSON 18 —The Sacrament of Baptism
LESSON 19 —The Sacrament of Confirmation
LESSON 20 —The Holy Eucharist
LESSON 21 —The Sacrament of Penance
LESSON 22 —The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick
LESSON 23 —The Sacrament of Holy Orders
LESSON 24 —The Sacrament of Matrimony
LESSON 25 —The Ten Commandments: Christ, the Fulfillment of the Old Law
LESSON 26 —The Ten Commandments and the Eight Beatitudes
LESSON 27 —First Commandment
LESSON 28 —Second Commandment
LESSON 29 —Third Commandment
LESSON 30—Fourth Commandment
LESSON 31 —Fifth Commandment
LESSON 32 —Sixth and Ninth Commandments
LESSON 33 —Seventh and Tenth Commandments
LESSON 34 —Eighth Commandment
LESSON 35 —The Necessity of Prayer
LESSON 36 —How To Live The Lord's Prayer