My Daily Life is the follow-up title, and natural complement to, Father Paone’s indispensable My Daily Bread. While the latter focused on the interior life, My Daily Life focuses on the exterior life, offering practical advice on daily living and getting to the heart of human nature.
My Daily Life is a practical guide that will help you to persevere in the holy resolutions which you make at the time of confession, Holy Communion, missions, retreats, or any moment of grace.
• How to strive for earthly fulfillment within the bounds of reason, reality, and morality (p. 12)
• How to overcome our insecurity in a world that we cannot control (p. 59)
• How to achieve self-possession by controlling undue anger (p. 87)
• How to face life with a realistic outlook and avoid being overly emotional (p. 122)
• How the theological virtue of hope can benefit us in our earthly goals as well (p .273)
• And much more…
Father Paone presents the readings in “bite-sized” portions that make it easy to maintain a daily devotional schedule. This convenient, palm-sized book is overflowing with common sense, compassion, and holiness. The passages in the book will help transform belief into realization, and theory into practice. My Daily Life is an essential and relatively unknown part of the canon of great Catholic literature.