Pope Benedict XVI on Jesus of Nazareth Talks
Father Peter Damian M. Fehlner, F. I., gives a lecture on each of the chapters in our Holy Father’s book, Jesus of Nazareth.
Father Peter Damian M. Fehlner, F.I., is a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate and was the Rector of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe from 2008 to 2012. Father Peter is a native of Dolgeville, New York. He was ordained in Rome in 1957, and received his Doctorate in Sacred Theology from the Seraphicum in Rome in 1959. For over 40 years he has taught dogmatic theology in various seminaries and university faculties. He has written and lectured extensively, especially on things Marian and Franciscan, in North America and Europe; for five years, he was editor of the magazine Miles Immaculatae founded by Saint Maximilian Kolbe and has been featured on EWTN. He is a member of the General Council of the Franciscans of the Immaculate and a Professor of Theology in the Franciscans’ Institute of Ecclesiastical Studies, the Immaculatum (STIM) in Frigento, Italy.
Each talk is approximately one and one-half hours long.
- Chapter One: The Baptism of Jesus (1:35)
- Chapter Two: The Temptations of Jesus (Part One 1:35)
- Chapter Two: The Temptations of Jesus (Part Two)
- Chapter Three: The Gospel of the Kingdom of God
- Chapter Four: The Sermon on the Mount (Part One)
- Chapter Four: The Sermon on the Mount (Part Two)
- Chapter Five: The Lord’s Prayer (1:30)
- Chapter Six: The Disciples, includes beginning of Chapter Seven (1:25)
- Chapter Seven: The Message of the Parables, includes summary of past chapters (1:26)
- Chapter Eight: The Principal Images of John’s Gospel
- Chapter Nine: Two Milestones on Jesus’ Way: Peter’s Confession and the Transfiguration
- Chapter Ten: Jesus Declares His Identity