Course Number Three:
Masters of the Spiritual Life Course Assistance
In conjunction with Father Hardon’s Masters of the Spiritual Life home study course at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Father Peter Damian M. Fehlner, F. I., gives an exposition on each of the seven spiritual masters covered in the course.
Father Peter Damian M. Fehlner (1931-2018) was the Rector of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe from 2008-2012. Father Peter was a native of Dolgeville, New York. He was ordained in Rome in 1957, and received his Doctorate in Sacred Theology from the Seraphicum in Rome in 1959. For over 40 years, he taught dogmatic theology in various seminaries and university faculties. He has written and lectured extensively, especially on things Marian and Franciscan, in North America and Europe; for five years, he was editor of the magazine Miles Immaculatae founded by Saint Maximilian Kolbe and has been featured on EWTN. He was a member of the General Council of the Franciscans of the Immaculate and a Professor of Theology in the Franciscans’ Institute of Ecclesiastical Studies, the Immaculatum (STIM) in Frigento, Italy. Father Peter entered the Franciscan Friars Minor Conventual in 1951, in the mid-1990s he transfiliated to the Franciscans of the Immaculate, and in 2015 he returned to his original religious order of Friars Minor Conventual. Father Peter went to his eternal reward on May 8, 2018.
These talks are not limited to those who are taking the Masters of the Spiritual Life course and are presented here for your use.
The time for each talk and Q & A is given below in hours and minutes. For example, the Saint Augustine Lecture runs 1 hour, and 18 minutes. Saint Augustine Questions and Answers run 38 minutes and 47 seconds.
- Saint Augustine (1:18)
- Saint Augustine Q&A summary (38:47)
- Saint Francis of Assisi (1:16)
- Saint Francis of Assisi Questions 1-14 (1:20)
- Saint Francis of Assisi Questions continued 15-90 (l: 09)
- Thomas a Kempis (1:14)
- Thomas a Kempis Q&A summary (33:51)
- Saint Thomas a Kempis Questions 1-4 and 50-100 (1:02)
- Saint Ignatius of Loyola Questions 1-32 (1:14)
- Saint Ignatius of Loyola Questions 51-80 (39:00)
- Saint Louis de Montfort (1:14)
- Saint Louis de Montfort Questions 4-20 (15:35)
- Saint Louis de Montfort Questions 21-100(52:51)
- Saint Peter Julian Eymard (1:10)
- Saint Peter Julian Eymard Questions 1-100 (1:05)
- Saint Therese of Lisieux (1:09)